Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Living a Legacy...Sometimes without knowing it.

Last week on the first day of VBS, there was a mom who stopped by to ask which class her daughter was supposed to be in. She was in 2nd grade and I had the 4 years olds. There were enough of staff in my class that I directed them to the right class.

As all of us were walking, this woman recognized me. I was a little stunned at first. As she said where she knew me from, I laughed. It was the same job as I do now, just at a different church! I looked different too because a few years ago...I had glasses, was getting back into childcare and "back to normal" after being sick for awhile.

It was funny how observant this lady was. She even asked about my sisters! "I was like...My sisters? I told you about sisters then? LoL!" I guess they were "BIG" in my life at that time. Inspirational. Must have told some stories about them...Ha ha!

You see, I helped care for them when they were young and well, now they are grown. Off doing their own thing. I even PRAYED I'd have at least ONE sister and when I was eight, God heard me! Not just once though, but twice! When I was ten, Bekah came along and well, she was a surprise too! Hee hee!

I love my sisters and I love what I do. Sometimes though, I "work" without thinking what kind of impact/legacy I'm leaving behind. I just do what I do cuz it's fun, rewarding and what I love and only thing I've known how to do well. Make sense?

1 comment:

  1. That's right, it was YOU who prayed for a sister and God decided to add two more to our quiver. I truly had forgotten about that! Dad and I had decided three was enough, but God's plan was for five and answered the prayer of an eight year old! :) I am so glad we had those two special suprises! :) Glad you are enjoying your job! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete